Jensen Baird is a well-established mid-sized law firm with offices in Portland and Kennebunk offering services in over ten complementary practice areas. The firm seeks an experienced municipal attorney to join its Local Government Services Practice Group. Practice in this area includes administrative law, land use and environmental law, Freedom of Access Act law, election law, property taxation, municipal finance (TIFs and bond counsel), labor and employment law, and litigation. This position requires the attorney to provide clients with day to day legal advice on a wide-range of issues, appear before elected and appointed officials at public meetings, and represent clients in litigation and administrative proceedings. Candidates must be a member in good standing of the Maine Bar or be clearly eligible to waive into the Maine Bar.
Candidates should have the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- A minimum of five years of experience in municipal law.
- Strong academic background and legal research and writing abilities.
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant state and federal law, court cases and other administrative body decisions relevant to serving the needs of Maine municipalities and counties, large and small.
- Excellent abilities in organization and communication (both oral and written) as well as critical analytical and managerial skills.
- Strong people and listening skills.
- Creative problem solver who enjoys coming up with practical solutions.
- Ability to interact effectively with elected and appointed public officials and sensitivity to the dynamics of working with public officials.
- Be dedicated to public service and the private practice of law.
Why Jensen Baird?
This position offers an excellent opportunity to be part of a long-standing practice group and to develop a specialized practice within that group. Jensen Baird provides a collaborative and supportive working environment with a high degree of flexibility and autonomy. We regard our clients as partners and take great pride in our team approach to servicing our local government clients. Our attorneys are dedicated and motivated professionals who are committed to the success of the firm and our clients. We value hard work and strive to maintain a culture that supports the personal lives and well-being of our attorneys and staff. We offer first class office space in downtown Portland, paid parking, competitive wages, and a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, HRA and FSA, life and disability.
Please send a letter of application and resume to:
Jensen Baird c/o Hiring Partner
P.O. Box 4510
Portland, ME 04112
or by email to email@example.com
Jensen Baird is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.