As Chair of the Business Services Practice Group, Michael represents businesses of all sizes, as well as individual shareholders, partners and owners on a wide variety of matters, including structuring, formation, financing, acquisitions, sales, intellectual property, contracts, and for profit and nonprofit corporate governance. Michael provides skilled legal advice to many long standing clients, who have come to depend on his sound judgement and responsive, service-oriented approach to the practice of business, commercial and non-profit corporate law.
“My practice is centered on building client relationships and delivering proficient legal services at a reasonable cost. I hope to help clients develop and operate their business or organization effectively and assist them through the issues and challenges that arise.”
Michael was born and raised in Norfolk, Connecticut. He attended college in Maine, went away to law school and returned to begin his practice of law with Jensen Baird in 1985, back when it was known as Jensen Baird Gardner & Henry. Mike serves on the firm’s Management Committee, formerly in the position of President.
- Bowdoin College, A.B., magna cum laude
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- State of Maine
- Federal District Court
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Children’s Museum & Theatre of Maine Advisory Council
- Northern Light Home Care & Hospice Board of Directors
- Diocesan Bureau of Housing Board of Directors
- The Best Lawyers in America© for Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, and Business Organizations